Reese's Pieces Blondies

Its nice to be back blogging after a couple of weeks off, but I now have a bit of catching up to do. I also had a few technical issues as I ran out of photo space. But I am now back up and running and have lots of baked good to share.


This recipe I had saved in my "must bake" list since I saw it on Dozen Flours in October. I have an obsession with anything peanut butter and the recipe was so very simple to make and it was devoured by my workmates in a flash. My only problem; which is not a reflection of this recipe but all US recipes; is the use of cups instead of weight!! Okay I might just be me who find its frustrating, but its so much easier to bake with weighted ingredients - and less washing up too! I also found that I was unable to judge how many packets of Reece's pieces it would take to fit 3/4 + 1/3 cup and therefore I was left short for the top of the blondie - or was it that I ate to many of the "spares". I would never do that.



Nevertheless, they were delish and will be added to my "must bake many times again" list.



Happy Baking x 


Recipes by Dozen Flours can be found here 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, Those look great! If you want some help with converting cup sizes, I did a post on it with a chart. Called "Does cup size really matter" Hope it helps! http://whatkimcookednext.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/does-cup-size-really-matter-it-does-when-its-brown-sugar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. Like you, I love American baking books but find the use of measurement cups annoying and confusing. But by the looks of your pictures, your blondies look perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great!

    I'd be more than happy to send you some measuring cups. It would be my good pleasure... just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia,

    Might be handy having some American cups to hand, so many recipes I would like to try call for them.

    ReplyDelete