How to Bake - Triple Chocolate Layer Cake with Walnuts

A couple of weeks ago I finally got to catch up with my good friend Nat who recently got married to her English fiance back home in Australia. As I was unable to attend I wanted to hear all about it and see the wedding photos, so I invited a few of the girls around for tea and cake. I was not very organised for this and only a few hours before they were due to arrive did I frantically look through my cookbooks for something to bake. The plan was to make something I haven't made before as its easy sticking to what we know - lemon drizzle anyone?

I thought it best I try bake something from one of the numerous baking books I have received/bought and never used, and the most recent book I have got my hands on is Paul Hollywood's How To Bake. For anyone that hasn't watched the Great British Bake Off (as if you haven't), Paul is one of the judges and his book if full of so many exciting recipes to try along with lots of pictures and instructions which for me is very handy.


This cake is amazing. Its a lovely (not to rich) chocolate cake with walnuts  and brandy soaked sultanas added to the mix. And then the icing is like a chocolate ganache, which then has mixed in more walnuts and brandy sultanas.



Between the 4 of us we managed to finish of a fair amount in one sitting... and the rest didn't have a chance of making till Monday.



Happy Baking x

1 comment:

  1. I like the simplicity and shape of the cake. It's perfect for a birthday and treat.

    ReplyDelete