Hedgehog Slice - Recipe 29 of the Women's Weekly Challenge

The last few months since moving into my new flat have been a bit mental and my blogging has gone by the wayside; however that doesn't mean I have not been baking and I am happy to report I have settles into my kitchen now and the baking orders have been quite frequent lately which has also kept me busy.


This blog entry really shows how far behind I am, I made this back in August.. oops! And since then I have not had a chance to continue with my baking challenge, however I have some egg whites waiting to be used in my freezer so let the macaroon baking begin. 

To keep my spirits up with this baking challenge, I skipped to the back to the slice section and made this very simple recipe which went down a treat at work and disappeared before midday. 


makes about 20 pieces

395g canned sweetened condensed milk 
90g chopped butter 
185g chopped dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate
250g plain sweet biscuits
2/3 cups roasted hazelnuts (how to roast hazelnuts)
2/3 cup sultanas

 Grease 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan and then line base and along the sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over sides. 

Mix the condensed milk and butter in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until smooth. 


Remove from heat and add the and stir until smooth. 

Next break  up the biscuits into small pieces and place in large bowl with the hazelnuts and sultanas.


Stir in chocolate mixture and Press mixture firmly into pan.


Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.


Happy Baking x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, I love no bakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe x

    ReplyDelete