Festival Treats in Nottingham

Its a bank holiday weekend in England and my pals and I are leaving Ol’ London Town and heading up north to Nottingham to attend the Dot-to-Dot Festival. We are lucky enough to be able to stay at Tom’s parents house and to say thanks we have spent today baking up a storm.
To start I made lime, coconut and blueberry slice. Its from the Relvet Chocolate and Heartache cookbook and makes the house smell absolutely amazing with the smell of the coconut base and lime zest. I ran out of blueberries, so I used some raspberries as well. I’ve made this before and the base didn’t cook properly so I tried something different when cooking the base. It definitely worked better, however it still wasn’t the easiest to get out of the tray.
The coconut and sugar base is cooked first

The cake topping with the raspberries and blueberries start baking

mmm so limey!!

I’ve also made my amazing scones. I’ve made them a bit bigger than usual but they still look and I’m sure taste just as amazing. The dough…

Next up what LauraK made and how our treats went down…

Happy Baking x

No comments:

Post a Comment